Thursday, March 20, 2014
Starting an Interview
When I first heard about the interviewing project, my mind jumped between two people that I would like to interview. The first person I thought about having an interview with was a physical therapist at my local gym. Physical therapy has been a career path I have been looking into for about three years now, and something I feel as if I would enjoy. I would ask him if he had time to fit in a brief interview about his profession at a time and place convenient for him. I am also interested in why he chose his particular field of work, and if it is actually as enjoyable as he thought it would be. I would like to know more about his schooling and where he went to school, the types of classes he had to take and what lead him to deciding on physical therapy. I would have to have very open ended questions to allow him to talk more, because he is very reserved and does not talk a lot. The other person I am interested in interviewing would be my grandfather. My grandfather grew up in the 60's on a farm in Indiana. I've never been into detail about his life as a child, or growing up during that time period. Growing up on a farm has always been something I have dreamed of, and I'm curious to hear about it first hand. I know he would love to be interviewed and he is a big talker. I plan on recording the interview, and bringing a notebook to write down any information that catches my interest or answers my questions, and also to write down the times in the interview that a specific answer was given, so that i can go back over my recording and know exactly where to find the information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment