Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sharing Memoir

Sharing our memoirs with our peers in class seemed a bit frightening at first. The fact that random students in class would be reading an in depth excerpt of a crucial and emotional day in my life seemed hard to face. After reading the first essay from a student in my group I realized just how helpful sharing our memoirs could be. I was unaware of portions of my memoir that I did not elaborate completely on. Also a member of my group touched on a subject that would be helpful to draw the readers in closer and give them a better understanding of my writing. The other member of my group pointed out that I needed to go into more detail and convey the five senses into my memoir to make the reader feel like they were actually there.

1 comment:

  1. share a story with somebody else is a great thing because this is how the friendship starts. Keeping you private, means keeping yourself away from others. So you can not have anybody as a friend, and somebody who can show you a right way if you did wrong. We share our planet, our country, our house and our class with others. This mean we are not private anymore, because somebody knows us already. So if somebody knows me already what can I keep private if it does not bother anybody? This is why I can tell my story to someone, just to make a friend and also learn something from him.

    ReplyDelete