Thursday, March 20, 2014

Response to chapters one and two "On writing Well"

In chapter one, I agree more with Dr. Brock in his answers to the discussion questions. I feel like writers should love to write, and he seemed more optimistic about his writing, and I believe symbolism is a very good way to portray deeper thoughts and emotions and different views to the reader. I agree that writing is hard, but I believe that public education has altered the way that we should write. They want a story that they create. True writing should come from an experience or the authors thoughts. Clearing your thoughts and clearing your words on paper is easier said than done. All through school we have been encouraged to use bigger words, but all of these words tend to get jumbled up and the true message of what the writer is trying to say gets lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment