Saturday, April 26, 2014
To An End
My first semester of college is finally drawing towards an end. It was a tough transition from high school to the real world and working a job, and then into a college setting. I felt so far behind by being out for a semester, and it was tough to get the ball rolling. In the middle of the semester I finally got settled in, and a sense of urgency arose within me and caused me to go the extra mile with my school work. With the semester drawing near an end so quickly, I feel worried and stressed for my upcoming final exams. I know if I study long and hard enough I am sure to do well. So much resides on my final grades, that it is building up more pressure on me. So many times in life things draw near to an abrupt end, often things that we would least expect. The loss of a sporting game, the loss of a pet, or a relative. Not every thing in life has a due date that is visible to the everyday world. As a human being you never know when your last day on this Earth will be. I can relate to my grandmother, she was in perfectly normal health and in the blink of an eye she was gone. Last week marked two years since her passage, and I still can recall the last time I seen her. There are many things which we wish we could have done differently, or wish that we would have done. I believe that because our days are numbered and so few, that we should live each moment like it's our last and spending every available moment we have with our friends, family, and spending time doing what it is we love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment