Saturday, April 26, 2014

19 April, 2014 Tied together

As my classes are winding down, I have began to notice certain patterns, concepts, and ideas reoccurring throughout all of my classes. For example: things I have learned in my English class, like clustering, are cognitive ways in which the mind can better understand things. In my Liberal Studies class on religion, my professor encouraged us to create these "mind maps" as he called them, to help us better understand the complex structure of the textbook we are reading. Mind maps and clustering are essentially the same thing, except in a mind map the main idea of a chapter is circled in the middle. The various ideas and concepts relating to that main idea are added in their own bubbles creating a molecule shape with each idea flowing into the next. I have also noticed in both of my liberal arts classes, that things seem to tie together much closer than I realized. These classes are specifically required for all students to take, which leads me to the theory that the university is trying to change the way we view the world and our everyday life and our impact on society.

No comments:

Post a Comment